This area of the website lists the current practice policies:
Zero Tolerance Campaign
Our practice has signed up to the NHS Zero Tolerance Campaign which makes verbal abuse, threat and physical violence to all NHS staff unacceptable. All staff should be able to come to work without fear of any form of abuse. Any such behavior from any patients will result in them receiving a zero tolerance letter and if the behavior persists then this may result in their removal from our practice list.
Complaints & Comments
We are proud of our practice team. Nonetheless, we recognise that problems may occasionally arise with the services we provide. Should you wish to make a complaint the following procedure will apply:
Please contact the Practice Manager by letter, in person or telephone on 0191 4990966. We will respond to your complaint in the following way:
- We will acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days
- We will give a written explanation within 10 working days
- We will offer you the opportunity to discuss your complaint with our Practice Manager
- If your complaint involves a doctor, we will offer you the opportunity to discuss the matter with the doctor involved, or with the doctor responsible for dealing with complaints (the senior partner)
- If, despite our efforts, you feel that your complaint has not been dealt with adequately, we will advise you on how to pursue matters further
- We welcome comments, suggestions and enquiries – these should be addressed to the Practice Manager, who will be happy to try and help.
This GP Practice, as the data controller may collect personal information from visitors to this site. This will not include any information that can be used to identify any individual. This information is used only to respond to enquiries, monitor site usage and to enhance the use of certain technologies – such as activity based information. Cookies and logging of IP addresses are used to enable the GP Practice to monitor site traffic and repeat visitor statistics. The GP Practice will at all times comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998. read more
Please note that no discrimination will be made with regard to race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, appearance or on grounds of disability or medical condition.
All our staff are bound by a strict confidentiality policy. This means we are unable to give out medical information to relatives or third parties (except the parents of children under 16) unless we receive written consent from the patient. Your personal health information may be shared with other NHS Organisations for audit purposes and in this instance only anonymised unidentifiable data will be used. If you do not wish your health information to be shared with other NHS organisations, please inform the surgery, in writing.
Data Protection Act
The Practice complies with the Data Protection Act 1998, which entitles you to know what information we hold about you. Please contact the Practice Manager if you would like to see your records, but note there is a charge for this service.
We ask you to treat the practice team with courtesy and respect. Physical or verbal abuse in the surgery will not be tolerated under any circumstances – you will be asked to leave the premises and the police will be called.
We reserve the right to remove a patient from the practice list if they are aggressive or abusive to any member of the team.
We would like to request that all patients:
- Use the emergency service only in a genuine emergency
- Ask for a home visit only when the patient is unable to attend the surgery through illness or infirmity
- Please allow 48 hours for a repeat prescription
- Treat all staff with courtesy and respect at all times
- Keep your appointments, be punctual, and let us know as early as possible if you are unable to attend
- Let us know when you change your name, address and telephone number
- Tell us about any complaints or misunderstanding as soon as possible to allow us to deal with them
- Let us know when we have done well by filling in the friend and family questionnaire