Patients questionnaire survey results:
The information collected from the GP patient survey is regarding patients experience when contacting the surgery, how quickly the patients are able to see a GP, how helpful the reception staff are, time scale of seeing the GP of their choice and how they rate the surgery opening hours.
GP Patient Survey carried out recently shows the following results
What the practice does best:
- 99% of respondents find it easy to get through to the surgery by telephone
- 81% of respondents with preferred GP usually get to see or speak to that GP
- 93% of respondents descrive their experience of making an appoitment as good
- 79% of respondents say the last nurse they saw or spoke to was good at involving them in decisions about their care
- 83% of respondents say the last GP they saw or spoke to was good at explaining tests and treatments
- 89% of respondents say the last nurse they saw or spoke to was good at giving them enough time.
If you wish to complete the survey, please click on the link on the previous page.